A therapeutic product company
Monday, February 13, 2012
Embassy Suites, Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania (directions)
COOL-BIO's platform technology creates therapeutic antibodies that can be turned on and off with body temperature, improving safety and efficacy. COOL-BIO's lead product is a platelet inhibitor turned on by cold (hypothermia). Therapeutic hypothermia, the process of cooling the body to prevent organ damage, is widely used in cardiac surgery, ischemic stroke, cardiac arrest, neurosurgery, and traumatic brain injury.
- Cardiopulmonary bypass causes platelet activationleading to complications including death, stroke, heart attack, memory loss, and post-operative bleeding.
- Complications cost hospitals in excess of $1 Billion annually.
Product (CLB 100)
CLB 100 is a platelet inhibitor that uses the patient's own body temperature as and "on/off" switch and is only active when the patient is cold. It can prevent complications caused by cardiopulmonary bypass, and because of the "off" switch, is safer than available agents.
3 Major Issues
- What data should COOL~BIO be presenting to potential partners in order
to de-risk the deal for them?
- What should COOL~BIO be doing in addition to the pre-clinical
development plan (or instead of) to increase valuation prior to the Series
- How can we better communicate the value proposition of the molecule for
partners and investors? Is end-user market research needed at this stage
(e.g. Cardiac surgeons)?
6:30 - Cocktails & Dinner (Cash bar and special 2-entree buffet menu)
8:00 - Dawn Bell, PharmD, President and CEO of COOL-BIO, will deliver the Company's "Elevator" Pitch to the Group
8:20 - A Panel will address 3 Major Issues for the Company
9:00 - Open discussion: members and guests
<Top of the page>